Recently, a Netflix movie was recommended to me by the name of Sing Street. Initially, as the movie began I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about it because as far as I was concerned, it was set in Dublin 1980s and a boy was moving schools because of money & family problems UNTIL the scene where this boy meets a model and tells her that he is in a band (even though he isn’t) and that she should be in one of the band’s music videos. She makes him sing something in return for her phone number. After this encounter, he turns around and runs up to a friend he had just befriended and tells him “we need to make a band!” As soon as that scene happened, I was like yesssssss this will be a movie for me. If you enjoy movies about music and most importantly PASSION, this movie is the one to watch.
I’ve always found the best music in movies. Not only is the movie great, but the soundtrack is KILLER. I do love all music, but with music similar to infamous artists like Duran Duran and The Cure, how could you I not have fallen in love with the soundtrack? I am linking the soundtrack below.
My Top 5 Tracks (not in order)
- The Riddle Of The Model – Sing Street
- Up – Sing Street (both versions)
- In Between Days – The Cure
- A Beautiful Sea – Sing Street
- Drive It Like You Stole It – Sing Street
Favorite Quotes From The Movie:
- “Rock and roll is a risk. You risk being ridiculed.”
- ” When you don’t know someone, they’re more interesting. They can be anything you want them to be. But when you know them, there are limits to them.”
- ” Your problem is that you’re not happy being sad. But that’s what love is, Cosmo. Happy sad.”
Please Please Please watch this movie. It is very inspiring. I watched it for the first time at 2 AM & at 4 AM, that same day, I was up writing a song. If that’s not inspiration, I’m not sure what is. 🙂
Check It Out !!
~ An Ordinary